Botox Post-procedure Instructions
In order for your nerve endings to absorb as much botox as possible, exercise the treated area 6 times an hour for 2 hours after treatment. — For example, for frown lines, frown as hard as possible.
- To keep the botox in the muscles which are being treated (and to avoid moving the botox into some other muscles where it does not belong), do not rub or massage the treated area for TWO HOURS after treatment and try to leave the area alone for the rest of the day.
- It is OK to wipe GENTLY or to apply makeup GENTLY.
- Do not lie flat for 4 hours after your treatment.
- Avoid excerise, alcohol, aspirin and ibuprofen for 24 hours following your treatment.
- You may have slight and temporary bruising of the skin at the injection sites, but otherwise there will likely be no visible signs of your treatment. Some people notice a mild headache the evening of the treatment.
- The relaxation from botox comes on gradually over a period of about a week. Depending on the dose. Most people notice that the relaxation from botox starts to wear off after 3-4 months.
- If you have another botox treatment as soon as you notice the botox wearing off (3-4 months), and continue to keep up with treatment in this manner, the cosmetic benefit may start to last longer than 3-4 months.